Support students by building bridges into school and from school into the workforce and meaningful careers.
职业生涯 & 社区服务帮助:
项目, Program Hours and How to Connect
Resource Navigation Assistance
Both on and off campus a resources are being developed constantly to address the needs of our community. We have staff available to help you find assistance that can help you meet your needs and reduce barriers.
- Direct referrals to partner agencies
- Assist with applying for food benefits through 华盛顿连接
华盛顿连接 is a website providing information and resources for people that may qualify for benefits and services; such as food, 现金, 医疗, 照顾孩子, 长期护理, 和医疗. 从本网站, you can see if you qualify and apply for multiple benefits using their online application. 如果你不符合条件, 华盛顿连接 does offer further information for additional services through community partners and resources.
电子邮件 蒂莫西.Guntle@rml-llc.com 今天开始.
The career planning is more than helping you with your resume (but we can help with that, too). The process starts by meeting you where you are:
- Are you undecided about your education and career goals?
- Do you know what you want to do but aren't sure how to get there?
- Are you just beginning your career, switching careers, planning for the last phase or your work life?
- Do you need help learning about your funding options?
- Do you need emergency assistance?
- Are experiencing unemployment, disability, reentry?
- Do you need help connecting with mentors or employers?
Current and prospective CPTC students, CPTC alumni, CPTC staff.
Clover Park Technical College offers a wide variety of non-credit classes through the 职业生涯 and 社区服务 office. These 项目 have been referred to historically as Continuing 教育.
Classes and 项目 are offered in wide variety industries. 选项包括:
- 3-18 month fully online 职业培训 项目*
- Flagger and Forklift (one day, face-to-face)
- Individual customized training 项目
* Includes 项目 on the 职业生涯桥 Eligible 培训 Provider List. 见本页顶部的链接.
访问我们的 目录 to view program information and register.
联系佩特拉·珀金斯 佩特拉.Perkins@rml-llc.com for an appointment by phone, in person, or via Zoom to learn more and enroll today!
What is the difference between how credit and non-credit classes are funded?
In order to qualify 申请联邦财政援助, 教育机构, 学生, 还有学生项目 都必须 qualify under guidelines set by the US Department of 教育.
大多数 credit-bearing 项目 are eligible 申请联邦财政援助 and require 学生 to complete a FAFSA或WAFSA. 无学分 项目 不符合资格 申请联邦财政援助.
Sources that may cover non-credit 项目 (including online 项目) if you meet meet program eligibility requirements.
- Workforce Development funding resources include Worker Retraining, BFET, 格兰特的机会, WorkFirst. With the exception of WorkFirst, these 项目 usually only fund credit 项目 (some exceptions may apply). For a description of each of these 项目 visit our Workforce Development 项目 page. You must be enrolled in classes to apply for these funds.
- Professional Development 奖学金 (FAFSA may be required)
- Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) - apply through your local WorkSource办公室
- 劳工及工业部. of Vocational Rehabilitation (an approved plan must be in place)
事业怎么样? & 社区服务 work with employers?
的职业 & 社区服务 Center now utilizes the online career services platform, 握手 to connect students and employers. Students can create a professional profile, upload resumes, and apply for jobs. Employers can post job openings, 参加招聘会, and connect with students and alumni directly to hire qualified candidates.
事业如何 & 社区 services support CPTC employee development?
- Work with supervisors to develop a career development plan
- Work with employees to identify appropriate training opportunities
事业如何 & 社区服务 support faculty?
- Classroom Visits/Presentations including topics such as:
- 职业生涯 Pathway Planning: Thinking Beyond 毕业
- Navigating 学生握手
- Help link faculty employer contacts to 握手
- Program hiring events and job fairs via 握手